Biagio Mazza, PT, Co-founder and CEO
- BS, Rockhurst University, Valedictorian, 1999
- MPT, Rockhurst University, 2001
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, NSCA, 2001
- Certified Personal Trainer, NSCA, 2002
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist Board Certified, ABPTS, 2005
- Sport Clinical Specialist Board Certified, ABPTS, 2008
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist, IAOM, 2009
- DPT, EIM Institute of Health, 2010
Biagio clocks more than 150 hours a year in continuing education, well beyond the state’s standards for physical therapy. Why? It’s his business and his passion. And it says a lot about the kind of clinic he runs and the quality of staff he leads.
Biagio is certified by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and a Sports Clinical Specialist. There are fewer than 50 therapists nationwide who hold both of these distinctions. He also has worked as an adjunct instructor at Rockhurst, is an active member of the Kansas and Missouri Physical Therapy Associations, and has served as a physical therapy consultant for the Kansas City Royals. Biagio is a strong advocate for the Private Practice Section of the American Physical Therapy Association.
From the beginning, Biagio knew he wanted to combine sports with science. When he met Judy Hensley, his teacher and mentor, he knew he wanted to shift his interests to physical therapy and help a wide range of people improve their quality of—and movement through—life.
Troy Robert, PT, Co-founder and COO
- BS, Physical Therapy, Kansas University Medical Center, 1990
- Outstanding Senior Physical Therapy Student, Kansas University Medical Center, 1990
- Founder, Rehab Potential Inc., 1993
- President, Rehab Potential Inc., 1995
- Founder/President, Quantum Health Professionals, Inc., 2002
Troy has been an executive in the healthcare industry since 1993. He has served as a college instructor and continues to speak as a guest lecturer on multiple campuses. As a member of the American Physical Therapy Association, he has also served as a chapter officer. Troy is known for his uncompromising and steady commitment to providing patients with the best care possible.
Troy developed Direct PT’s membership model of service as he saw increasing limitations with the current medical establishment. Together, he and Biagio refined this model. Troy’s passion to reduce the cost of providing healthcare while sustaining an exceptional level of quality and service continues to drive Direct PT.
Kate Roy, PT, Clinic Director
- BS, Health Science, Husson University, 2006
- MSPT, Husson University, 2008
- Outstanding Academic Achievement and Service Award, 2008
- DPT, Husson University, 2010
- Advanced Electives in Advanced Spinal Manual Therapy, Husson University, 2010
Kate is a native of Maine where she began her profession in physical therapy. She relocated to Kansas City in 2012 and has pursued continuing education in treating back and neck pain, lumbopelvic dysfunction, TMJ, and vertigo. She is also an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association.
Kate is passionate about helping people function and move without pain and is dedicated to creating individualized treatment plans to meet the needs of each patient. She takes time to get to know her patients and educates them on correcting movement patterns to eliminate pain and risk of injury. These cases range from high-level athletes to seniors needing balance training for fall prevention.
Kate is not satisfied when patients experience orthopedic limitations that affect their daily lives or activities they love. She is dedicated to working with them to find an answer. Kate is pleased to serve Kansas City with Direct PT where patient care is not guided by financial or insurance limitations.